Sep 29, 2009

Ugh...

Ahh! Totally gross story. We had all these yummy chicken dishes planned for this week. Yeah...probably not gonna happen for a while. We bought some chicken wings at the store to make these yummy hot wings, but we got them out to defrost and we found some chicken feathers still stuck to some of them. ohh egh ugh! I am gagging right now as I type. Needless to say, we won't be eating chicken for a while. So we went with the plan b meal which was the only meal planned for the week that did not include chicken -- tuna casserole. ha. Here was today.

MEAL ONE - 9:30 am
Pina Colada Protein Shake - mmm I can feel that warm island breeze:)
MEAL TWO - 12:15 pm
Chicken Salad Sandwich - canned chicken, light mayo, dijon mustard, chopped onion, and slivered almonds on 1pc of WW bread. Very good. This was also before chicken was triggering my gag reflexes. I added some carrots for some veggies. I also washed it down with a little Airborne. The Swine Flu is seriously going around I.S.U and I DO NOT want to get it so I'm taking those extra precautions.

MEAL THREE - 2:30 pm
Chicken Salad Sandwich on 1 pc of bread and one banana. I guess deep down I knew that I had to get a lot of chicken in before "the incident".

HIIT - 6:15 pm
Today was best average pace in the history of my Body-for-life challenge #3! I'm feeling great. I feel like I'm getting the runner's high cuz it feels so dang good. I could probably push myself harder.

Stats:
20 minutes
2.07 miles
247 calories
6:59 best pace
9:31 average pace <-------

MEAL FOUR - 7:00 pm
Tuna Casserole prepared by my loving husband while I went running. Rotini noodles, tuna fish, cream of mushroom soup, and frozen peas. This was actually very tasty and we have a ton left over for lunch tomorrow. I love left-overs.

MEAL FIVE - 9:00 pm
Key Lime Pie Protein Shake - 3 TB of Limeade concentrate, vanilla protein powder, water, ice. This was definitely legit. Tasted just like Key lime pie.

Cole and I recorded all of The Office episodes on our TV. Oh gees are they hilarious! We sat and watched like 5 episodes tonight and they had us rolling. Now we have to figure out what to do with all of the chicken we bought. I'm sure we'll get over it eventually. I'm going to pick up some hamburger tomorrow :) NIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. We killed our own chickens so I admit that feathers don't bother me

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH come on Sis! Did you forget they once had feathers? At leaast it wasn't maggots! But I understand how it can kill the appetite. Good luck with the Swine flu. I'm worried because I'm the only one who technically qualifies to get any kind of flu shot and clinics are very stingy with them, so now my kids will be bringing home all kinds of junk to pass on to the new baby in Jan. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete