Sep 7, 2009

Lazy Labor Day

Why is it called Labor Day? Are you supposed to take a day off from your labor or are you supposed to labor? Well, today...I just relaxed and had fun. Cole and I went up to Idaho Falls for the day and we had a great time. We went to Julie and Julia with Meryl Streep and let me tell you, I view blogging and cooking at a whole new perspective. I loved it! Now I want to try cooking in all sorts of new ways. Oh...that darn Julia Child, she was a good lady. A happy lady. If everyone tried to be more like her, the world would be a better place. Today is my 8th offical day of my BFL challenge. Sorry, I didn't post yesturday. I ate good though, I promise. Today I started off the day with a run.

2.o5 mile run - 10:00 am
It was fun cuz Cole came with me today.
22.43 minutes
256 calories
I had Cole take a pic of me in my running get-up. Check out that giant watch on my wrist. That's my GPS watch. It is huge, but it is awesome. It is like my little crystal ball, it tells me everthing I want to know.

MEAL ONE - 10:45 am
Chocolate Protein Shake, Oh baby was this thing thick. I think I blended it so long that it started turning into whip cream or something.



MEAL TWO - 12:30 pm
Tuna fish on one piece of toast. Deelish peach off of Cole's parent's tree. After this we headed up to Idaho Falls for the day.


MEAL THREE - 4:30 pm
Johnny Corino's - Country Italian. This place is very tempting to me. But I told myself I was going to get a salad and I did. I got the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad and I'm so glad that I did because it was probably the best salad I'd ever had. Gees it was good. It was a huge bed of spinach greens with hot slices of chicken that had a pecan crust around them. The dressing was like a tangy vinegarette. There was also crumbled feta in it as well. --> YUMMO! I was going to take a pic of it but felt kinda dumb cuz Johny's was crowded and I didn't wanna seem like a weirdo to people. I need to stop worrying what other people think. I'm not going to lie though. I did have a piece of the bread at Johny's and I shared half of a Tiramasu with Cole. I feel like I'm confessing my sins or something. I'm not goint to dwell on it and feel guilty about it. I'm just going to move on and work extra hard.

MEAL FOUR - 8:00 pm
Mixed nuts, Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes, and Blueberry Powerade Zero.

I know I didn't get my six meals in, but I felt like overate a little at Johny's so I took it easy for the rest of the night. Ohhh how I don't want to go back to real life tommorrow. On the bright side though, we only have four days until the weekend. I just live for the weekends. Today was the last break I will have until Thanksgiving. Good news is...I think we might be going to Chicago for Turkey Day! Big day tommorrow. I better get some shut-eye;)




No comments:

Post a Comment