Oct 13, 2009

Goals

"Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want."
--Marsha Sinetar

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
--Sydney Smith

"Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take small steps."
--Helmut Schmidt

"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination."
--Fitzhugh Dodson

Sorry for the cheese ball quotes. I just really needed to find some ways to motivate myself today. I think that it is very important when you are trying to achieve something to constantly be setting goals. It is not important only to set goals at the very beginning, but throughout the entire challenge whatever it may be. I set some goals at the beginning of my challenge and although they are good and realistic goals, I feel like I need to set some new mini goals for myself to help me trudge through to the end not only to finish, but to finish victoriously, knowing that I gave it my all. I need these goals especially since I have been struggling this week.

WEEK SEVEN GOALS:
1. Go to bed by 11:00 pm (Lately I've been going to bed at like midnight which makes it harder to wake up and workout).

2. Drink 3 water bottles a day. (Only been getting about 1 1/2)

3. 6 meals (Only been getting 5 on average because I wake up too late.)

4. Do workouts in the morning.

5. Get ALL workouts in.

MEAL ONE - 8:45 am
Cracklin' Oat Bran with Light n' fit yogurt. Cracklin Oat Bran is definitely not BFL approved. Ehhh... Bad choice. See I'm making bad choices. I didn't even get up in time to workout. BUT I've made my new goals and I'm going to follow through with them.

MEAL TWO - 12:30 pm
Taco Salad - Romaine Lettuce, diced onions, taco meat, fat free sour cream.

MEAL THREE - 2:45 pm
Orange Creme Protein Shake - Freshly squeeze
d orange juice, little bit of orange zest, water, ice, vanilla protein powder. MMm...dreamy. ha.

HIIT/UBWO - 6:00 pm
HIIT on treadmill
minute 0 - speed 4
minute 1- speed 5
minute 2 - speed 6
minute 3 - speed 7
minute 4 - speed 8
minute 5 - speed 4
minute 6- speed 5
minute 7 - speed 6
minute 8 - speed 7
minute 9 - speed 8
minute 10 - speed 4
minute 11- speed 5
minute 12 - speed 6
minute 13 - speed 7
minute 14 - speed 8
minute 15 - speed 4
minute 16- speed 5
minute 17 - speed 6
minute 18 - speed 7
minute 19 - speed 8.5
minute 20 - speed 4

Stats:
2.16 miles
264 calories
21 minutes

UBWO
DB Chest Flies 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
Pushups 12

DB Back Flies 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
DB One-arm Rows 12

Shoulder Raises 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
Shoulder Press 12

Tricep Extensions 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
Bodyweight Dips 12

Decline DB Curls 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
Preacher Curls 12

MEAL FOUR - 8:00 pm
Grilled hamburger w/mushrooms and melted LF italian cheese. Ketchup. Sliced pears with blueberries. Yummy.

MEAL FIVE - 10:00 pm
Banana Bread Protein Smoothie - Banana, ice, water, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder. mmm. nice and thick.
After I went to the gym and had a good sweat it made me realize how much I love the way working out makes me feel. Why do I ever loose motivation to go? I've set my goals and I'm ready to get to them tomorrow mornin'. I'm going to get to bed early so that I can actually get myself out of bed in the morning. Night ya'll!

Cicily :)

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to keep up with goals. Fighting that right now myself so thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get discouraged. That's just how it goes. You know it will get better.
    Cracklin Oat Bran? Yum! I haven't had that in a long time. It's so stinkin expensive. I do miss it though. Mom usually will buy a box and have it waiting for me(well maybe not just for me but I like to think she does) when we visit.

    ReplyDelete