Oct 20, 2009

Famous for Chomping Like a Cow

Well today is Tuesday and I could blog about the events of today, but I don't want to bore you so I'm going to blog about yesterday! Because yesterday was more exciting and I acutally took pictures. Cole started some new classes Monday that start at 8:00 am and luckily those classes take place in the same building I workout sooooo I have been getting up at 7:45 am and working out this week. I am finally going to break out of this habit of sleeping in and being lazy in the mornings. I don't know what I did, but my leggies are soooo sore. My calves are killing me!Well this is how Monday went:

LBWO - 8:00 am <------- (haven't been up this early in weeks...)

Squats 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
Leg Extensions 12

One-legged DB Dead Lifts 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
One-legged DB Lunges 12

Machine Calf Raises 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 (I went extra heavy on these and that is why I think they are sore.)
One-legged DB Calf Raises 12

Abs - Hanging Leg Raises 12, 10, 8,....uhh some kid just took over on the Hanging leg Raise thing so I couldn't finish on that...I hate that.
V-ups 12
Medicine Ball Side-to-sides 24

MEAL ONE - 9:15 am
Protein Oats -Yummy!! I found I great way to make oatmeal. Check it out here. Oats, water, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, and a dollup of peanut butter on top. The key is to do it on the stove top...not in the microwave. Soooo delicious on a cold autumn morning.

All mixed together. mmmm.
MEAL TWO - 12:15 pm
Turkey Sandwich on Black Bread. I love black bread. Two pickles were involved.

MEAL THREE - 3:00 pm
Oiko's Vanilla Organic Greek Yogurt with pears, rasberries, and flaxseed granola. Yes yes very good. I love this yogurt! It has 23 grams of protein too.
All mixed together

MEAL FOUR - 5:15 pm
Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar. I was in my 2 1/2 hour class and decided to eat one of these babies on our break. Very tasty. It also has an even amount of carbs and proteins. It is whole grain. And it is only 180 calories. Pretty yummy meal.


MEAL FIVE - 7:00 pm
Hamburgers with red onion, lettuce, and ketcup. No bun. I cut up some oranges too for a little extra vitamin C to boost the ol' immune system in this time of sickness (swine flu freaks me out).

Slice of Life - After dinner we headed over to ISU to see my brother, Kyle's, awesome senior art show. I am so proud of him. He has worked really hard and will graduate in December. He had a gallery at ISU all set up with his art and it was great. Really creative! He was in the newspaper for it and even on the news. I really wish I would have taken my camera so that I could have taken some pictures.

After the art show we went with our friends Nicole and Jeremy to play a friendly game of raquetball. Raquetball is fun. Even though I stink at it. Despite Cole pelting Jeremy in the face with the ball, I think that we all had a great time and we'll definitely be doing it again soon. Again...I wish that I would've had my camera with me for this.

Now to the explanation of my title. Ha. I can't tell this story without laughing out LOUD. We then went up to Cole's parents to watch the local news because we knew my brother, Kyle, would be on it for his art show. We were watching and it showed some of the art and some of the people looking at the art. Can you guess who the people were that were looking at the art?? YES...ME and COLE! But we weren't just looking at the art we were both CHOMPING and I mean CHOMPING on some watermelon bubble gum that we had recently popped in our mouths. We recorded it and replayed it over and over again. We were laughing so hard we were crying. Oh gees. We get on the news for 10 seconds and it was us chewing gum like a stinking cow. ha ha.

MEAL SIX - 10:30 pm
Strawberry Peach Protein Shake.

Yesterday was as great Monday. Full of funny things and tasty food. Hope you guys all had a great Monday and that you continue to have a great week. CHOW!

Cicily :)

5 comments:

  1. I am totally the same way about working out in the morning! I really really wish that I could just pop out of bed and go get a workout in but I think it is just impossible for me! I feel so good all day when I do workout in the morning but, alas, apparently I was progammed as a a night worker-outer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update. Great job at exercising. Need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did cole's parents save the recording? I would love to see that news footage. Has anyone told you they saw you. I once got on the news outside of Target( I don't even remember what for)but I looked terrible and sounded like a complete idiot when they interviewed me. I was one of those peopele Lee and I usually laugh at when we watch the news. Of course it was the news right after Oprah so a bunch of people saw it.

    You always inspire me to eat better. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly,
    Cole's parents did save it. You'll have to watch it one of these days. We were really going away at that gum. Nobody noticed but us though so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh just wanted to tell you I totally wear the flowers too. I don't care. I love that I can pull my hair back and when I put a flower in it looks like I actually did something to my hair. Anything to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete