Nov 20, 2009

Body For Life Challenge 3

Well Thanksgiving break has begun and I am ready for a little R and R.

I got home from class and this is what I saw on my dry erase board.
BFL Challenge number 3 is under my belt. I got up this morning excited for Cole to take my after pictures. After Cole took my pictures I must say that I was a little disappointed. They don't look nearly as good as my first challenge especially since I didn't go tanning so I am very white. I worked really hard so I feel really frustrated, but looking back I know a could've done better. I took a whole week off when I got a little stressed with school and that probably didn't help. I also had a "free day" once a week and my first challenge I only allowed myself a "free meal" and a "free dessert" once a week. Overall, I think I am moving in the right direction which is very important. Here are some things that I learned:

1. If I don't eat enough throughout the day, then I am more likely to over indulge later during dinner or before I got to bed.

2. If I don't keep the shelves stocked wit healthy food then I'm more likely to eat unhealthy.

3. If I fail to plan then I plan to fail (I know...so cliche, but its true!)

4. When its that time of the month, harmones are released that make you crave food so it is ESPECIALLY important to exercise because exercise releases endorphins that helps sustain those cravings. I learned this the hard way.

5. Not everyone's body types are the same so we SHOULD not compare ourselves to others.

6. I learned an awesome way to make oatmeal...now I'm going to make it everyday.

7. Don't have food in the house that will tempt you. This is very hard since Cole loves to have sweets. Cookies kill me!!

8. THROW AWAY THE SCALE. It shouldn't matter how much you weigh as long as you feel good and you like the way you look in the mirror and your clothes fit. I don't know how many times I stepped on the scale and been depressed! But your weight can change so much from day to day depending on your water weight or if its that time of the month.

9. Don't give up. Even though one tire has a hole in it doesn't mean you should drive around making holes in all the other tires. If you cheat don't throw it all away by just giving up for the rest of the day.

10. There's always a healthier choice. If there are cookies sitting out and you want one sooo bad try a healthier alternative like apples dipped in peanut butter.

Those are just some of the things that I learned. Now to the AFTER MATH:

My Stats - Beginning / End
Body fat - lowered 3%
Weight - lost 11 lbs.
Size - lost 2 sizes

So as you can see I did have results. They weren't the results that I set out for, but at least I did improve! I wanted to get down to 140 and to a size 6, but hey... I'm moving in the right direction!! And that is what is most important. I am not going backward, I am moving forward.

I don't feel comfortable posting my pics online. So Molly, I'll e-mail them to you!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

P.S. Happy Birthday Lee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment