Jan 7, 2014

Goals 2014

I know it's kinda cliche to have New Year's resolutions (especially exercise ones), but I don't care, if you are not setting goals for yourself then you can't improve yourself and become a better person right? 

And I'm having a hard time balancing my life/priorities right now with the new little peanut in our lives. I find myself playing on electronic devices in spare moments when I probably could be doing something more productive (ironic cuz I'm typing this on my phone right now.)

So here are my goals for 2014! I'm writing them down here so I'm a little more accountable. 

1. Read something spiritual everyday.(Scriptures, Sunday lessons, Ensigns)

2. Floss every night. 

3. Family prayer every night. 

4. Get certified to teach spinning. 

5. Eating plan. 
*Count calories
* Make sure I'm getting enough while still nursing. 
*Lose 1 pound per week until I reach goal weight of 140. 
*Eat 2 veggies and 2 fruits per day
*2 serving size treats per week otherwise, NO SUGAR
*Drink 3 water bottles per day. 

6. Workout or do something active everyday 6 days per week.

7. Only be on electronic device while feeding Quinn, and/or if I have read my spiritual thought and worked out for the day. 

8. Stop complaining/stressing about sleep. 

9. Learn a new hobby. I really want to get good at making cakes. I also want to learn how to crochet. 

10. Focus on how important my role as a mother is and how lucky I am to be able to stay home with Quinn. 

THERE they are. A nice even 10! Wish me luck. 2013 was a crazy year. Hoping that 2014 can be a little more calm and full of family and fun!

Quinn's goal is to eat lots, grow real big, and play real hard. 


2 comments:

  1. I love those goals. Can I just take most of them and use them for myself? I still haven't set any goal this year. Meaning I haven't officially written them down. Mine are siimple yet I will feel great if I can actually do them. I want to finish painting the trim in the house and be better at morning prayer. That's it for me. I'm quite the over-achiever aren't I? Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cicily, your goals are amazing. I have always thought the first kid was the hardest adjustment. It's hard to go from doing and being wherever you want and working to staying home. I sure hope you enjoy her. If you want a 10 day kick start challenge to logs weight, I have a good one. I'm just finishing day 8 and I'm down 3.5 lbs. when I had more to lose, I lost 8 lbs in the 10 days. With a little planning it's easy. It's ten days of eating six meals a day. Each meal is fruit, veggies, or proteins. Anyway. If you want it, email me jessie(dot)gray(at)me(dot)com. Good luck with your cute babe and your goals.

    ReplyDelete