Dec 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Does anyone else feel like Christmas snuck up on them this year?!! I was not ready...I wanted to make goodies for our neighbors and send out Christmas cards but did neither. I think that I told myself not to get stressed about all that stuff one day when I went into Walmart (don't do it the weekend after Thanksgiving!). I went in there to get a few Christmas things and I could feel my blood starting to boil...I told myself, this is not Christmas to me. I went home and ordered the rest of my gifts on Amazon. 

We had Cole's work Christmas Party at our house which really kicked us into gear to finish the final touches in our house. Cole stayed up late every night painting and tiling our guest bathroom (which no one even used) so it could be ready. And we finally got new furniture!! It was our Christmas gift to each other. Quinn gave me the gift of sleep for Christmas. Best. Gift. Ever. One night about a week ago she just started sleeping through the night. I don't know why. I'm not going to question it. I am just so so grateful. I think it was also an answer to my prayers...really. 

Cole has a week off right now which is going to be great. We spent Christmas Eve with Cole's family and Christmas Day at my family's. Here are a few pics of the festivities.


The Christmas outfit Aunt Jill got her

Sunday Christmas dress

Quinn loves tv, so when we walked passed a whole wall of them at Target, her jaw literally dropped. 
 
New furniture! My mom and dad even got us new lamps for Christmas since I took this picture. I feel like a grownup now even more than when we bought our house...weird. 

Christmas Eve dinner

Christmas Morning




Merry Christmas!! I'm so grateful for family, yummy food, a warm bed, and for this time of year to remember Jesus Christ's life. I feel very blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the one with her mouth open in front of the TVs. Looks like Lee when we walk into costco! I'm happy you had a good christmas. And I love your new couch! it took us 12 years to get new furniture. Love ya lots

    ReplyDelete