May 22, 2012

Na Pali Coast and dolphins!

Today we started out early. We had a boat tour to see the Na Pali Coast. We had to wake up at 4:30 am in order to get to the harbor in time for launch.

The tour was amazing! Na Pali coast can only be seen by boat or air so it is mostly uninhabited. I've never seen anything like it. We saw dolphins and turtles swimming nearby.

After the coast, they took us to the forbidden island where we were able to snorkel right off the boat. I was really scared to be snorkeling in the middle of the ocean but I thought I'd better give it a try. It was cool, but I didn't stay out there too long.

The waters were really choppy on the way back. We all went flying around quite a bit. Overall it was a very adventurous experience. I got burnt really bad dangit!!

We all were pooped when we got back, but mustered up enough strength to go to a nice place to eat for our last night here. We went to Duke's Canoe Club and it was so fun and delicious.

I am so sad that we have to go home tomorrow. This trip came and went way too fast! Ugh...we made some good memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment