May 20, 2012

Canyons and Chickens

Today was a nice relaxing day despite the fact that I got chased by a chicken. Haha.

Today we explored the west side of the island. It was completely different then the side of the island we explored yesterday. It was dryer, but still so beautiful! We drove to what they call the grand canyon of Hawaii - Waimea Canyon. It was pretty cool. The elevation was so high it looked like we were above the clouds.

There are wild chickens everywhere here. I stopped to take a picture of one and it started following me all the way to the car and was looking at me in the car. I made Cole's mom roll up the windows because I was afraid it was gonna get me. Haha. I included some pictures of this scary event :)

Later we hung out at the condo and had dinner on our balcony.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops. What I meant to say is that chicken knows a hot "chick" when it sees one! Ha, ha! Get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its crazy to see that we were there too!? Isn't it incredible! And I got a kick out of the chickens too! Glad you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete