Jan 10, 2010

bring on a new decade

Bring on the new year! I have made some resolutions of course. They are kind of cliche, but that is what the new year is all about right? Cole's brother was here over the holidays and he talked us in to doing the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 17 so we are going to do it!!

Here are my goals for 2010:

1. run in a half marathon.

2. practice eating sensibly. some guidelines that I'm setting out are portion sizes. 5 servings of fruits and veggies. no pop except on special occasions. lots of water. 1 treat a day that is less than 200 calories and only if i exercised. whole grains. and low fat.

3. read the Book of Mormon every morning.

4. Go with the flow of life. aka...don't let things stress me out.

5. fit into a size 6 by June 1st. I can do this I know I can.

These are my goals. I am really excited to start running hard again. The last time I ran a half marathon was a couple of years ago and I love the feeling of training for and finishing a race. Who knows? Maybe I'll be up for a full marathon in 2010. ..but I don't know if I'm ready for that commitment quite yet.

3 comments:

  1. wow good for you. No such dreams of grandeur for me. Just happy to run a 5k. GOod luck with your goals. I need to get back on the ball and right more goals like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is I am impressed. I wish we lived closer so I had a running partner again. I weighed myself the other day and was a little dissappointed...I weigh more now than ever in my life:( So, my goals for the new year are a lot like yours. Wish we could have seen you while we were in Poky. We need to get together next time for sure! Good luck and Happy New Year! You should send me your email:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the treat under 200 calories and only if you exercise! Good stuff...love your blog.

    ReplyDelete